Bikholidays in South Tyrol
To bike through a magical coulisse …what does your hearth want more? 800 km routes network with amazing trails, specialist Bikehotels and tour-cards of this area are inviting you on a unfor-gettable mountain bike experience under the Rosengarten and Latemar in the UNESCO world heritage Dolomites. Professional tour guides and bike schools offer daily guided bike tours.
>> tour tips:
- Rosengarten Tour: Pleasant route and not too difficult for family and beginners. A long downhill part and splendid views of the Catinaccio. From Nova Levante you take the cable car and go as far as the farmstead Frommer and from there on the Nigra Pass and further on again, this time taking a forest path to the "Maso Schiller" and from where you enjoy a great view. Then you pass down by the "Fossa del Lupo" where story has it that it was at this very point that the last wolf to be captured, this back in 1822, was found. From here you go back down to Nova Levante.
- Cable car: Welschnofen/Nova Levante
- Time: 4 hours 30 minutes
- Distance: 19 km
- Total Attitude difference: 330 hm
- Difficulty: easy
- Great Latemar Tour: This classic tour can be approached from Obereggen, Pampeago or Predazzo. It comprises a circular style itinerary around the great Latemar massif with breathtaking scenery of the Dolomites. We suggest the clockwise route, the tour is varied and it is always possible to do by bike.
- Cable car: Welschnofen/Nova Levante and Predazzo - Gardonè
- Chairlift: Passo Feudo, Latemar
NEW:In summer 2014 will be introduced the new mountainbike – card.
The mountainbike card can be used on the cable car Nova Levante, the cable car Predazzo and the chairlift Gardonè for one drive-up of each lift in a day. With this card it will be possible to make the Latemar-round with a day-ticket.
€ 15,00 for adults
€ 7,50 for children from 8 to 16 years
Children under 8 years are free of charge.
Mountainbike-transportation is inclusive.
The card is available on the pay-desk of every lift.
Dolomiti Bike School
From may 2014 the guides of the Dolomiti Bike School are there for you to discover every day the most beautiful trails of the Dolomites and the Enduro routes around Bolzano.
Besides, the Dolomiti Bike school offers various technic courses, also for kids or directly on the trail. It doesn't matter if you are a freerider, a fearless trailsurfer or a leisure cyclist. The guided tour in groups or also alone is always a special adventure.
The new Bike Trail Carezza
Not far from Bozen / Bolzano – to be exact, in the South Tyrolean Dolomites of the Eggental Valley – great things are coming. Where the new gondola aerial lift starts in the center of the village of Welschnofen / Nova Levante and takes passengers to the foot of the UNESCO Nature Heritage Site of the Rose Garden, an attractive flow trail is being established for bikers of every stripe. The trail begins amidst the idyllic scenery under the Frommer Alm and leads through the small, beautiful Niger Valley and to the valley station of the Welschnofen gondola aerial lift. Along a stretch of about 4.4 km, the flow trail repeatedly runs parallel to a brook, winds its way through forests, and crosses meadows. With its steep turns and high banked curves, small bridges and jumps as well as northshores, the trail will offer biking enthusiasts real excitement. To make the flow trail even more interesting, there will be smaller and larger jumps, drops, and tables.
The trail is scheduled to open in late-June of 2015.
With the inauguration of this trail, the already very attractive mountainbike region of Eggen Valley in the Rose Garden and Latemar of the Dolomites gains yet another fascinating attraction.
The popular "Latemar Round" is thus enriched by an additional flowing – a must for passionate tour bikers and endure fans.
Length: approx. 4.4 km
Altitude differential: 500 meters
Average grade: approx. 11 % , ideal for a flow trail
Length of the northshores: up to 70 m
Banked curves and turns: more than 45 in number
Jumps: Up to 20 in the form of tables, jumps, or drops
Start: With the Welschnofen gondola aerial lift, from the center of Welschnofen to the Frommer Alm; the trail begins there.