Hiking un-der the Rosengarten and Latemar
Welcome to Rosengarten-Latemar, a hiking paradise ar the heart of South Tyrol...
The Rosengarten-Latemar region has the densest network of hiking trails in South Tyrol!
It is one of the most popular hiking destinations in South Tyrol offering 530 km trails of all difficulty levels for hikers, who want to trek through forests, over meadows and up the Dolomite Mountains!
- Monument to the empress Elisabeth
- The Agatha Christie route
- From the Nigra pass to the Haniker mountain farm
- Excursion around the Catinaccio
- From Costalunga pass to the Pulpito
- Zu den Höfen am Samberg
- Dorfzentrum zu den Karhöfen
- From Lake Carezza to the Maso Geiger
- Useful information and tips about hiking
- Masarè Path: Charming, scenic path, rendered even more suggestive by the bronze eagle at the bottom of the Masarè, in memory of Theodor Christomannos: his enthusiasm for mountains led him to become one of the fathers of tourism development in the area.
- Chair lift: Re Laurino, Paolina
- Arrival: rifugio Fronza or Paolina
- Time: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Level: easy
- Discovering the Catinaccio and Latemar: Panoramic tour of average difficulty. You set off from Obereggen with the Oberholz chairlift and then go on foot to the high point at "cima del Latemar", crossing at a high altitude suggestive gulleys and hanging rock formations. Taking the Paolina and Re Laurino chairlifts it is possible to do a round trip around the Catinaccio (Rosengarten), and from there you can admire the spectacular view of the surrounding Dolomites and then go in the direction of the lake of Carezza, and from here you can take an easy and convenient forest path back to Obereggen.
- Chair lift: Oberholz, Paolina, Re Laurino
- Cabincar: Catinaccio
- Duration: 3 days
- Sciliar, Catinaccio and Latemar: This very scenic route crosses the Dolomites starting from Nova Levante. You take the chairlift up and then passing by Tires you arrive at Siusi. Take the cabinlift to go up to Alpe di Siusi and the cross Passo Duron until you reach Canazei. Then you cross Val di Fassa and Val di Fiemme and take the cabinlift up from Predazzo to 2,300 metres to Passo Feudo, and then walk down to Obereggen and on to Nova Levante. The tour offers numerous fun trails and shaded forest paths where you can draw breath.
- Chairlift: Laurino I, Gardonè, Latemar
- Cabinlift: Alpe di Siusi, Stalimen
- Duration: 2/3 days