Climate ski resort
To build with nature in the world natural heritage of UNESCO is very important: the new reservoir of Carezza Ski is the most sustainable along this line. The project is located in a natural low ground with hard bedrock and is therefore, from the hydrogeological and morphological point of view the perfect place for a reservoir. The sea level makes it possible to fill the reservoir due to self-compression from the already existing little basin “ Tschein”. So, for the most part also the snow cannons can work autonomous by self-compression.
Carezza Ski is part of the Alpine Pearls because of his soft mobility and sustainable holiday packages.
Technical Data on the Carezza Ski Area
• Slope area: 100 Hectares (roughly 247 acres)
• Average snow thickness: 0.6 meter
• Amount of snow generated annually: 600,000 m³
• Necessary quantity of water: 240,000 m³
• Snow mass: 400 kg/m³
• Connections: 250 units
• Snow generators: 175 units
• Water storage capacity: 130.000 m³
• pump performance: 400 liters per second at 80 atmospheres
Water, Air, and Nothing Else
Technical snow consists only of water and air – just like natural snow.
Starting When Is It Possible to Generate Snow?
• Basically speaking, not only the air temperature, but also the air humidity must be taken into consideration.
• Without going into detail, one can say: Starting at 0 °C (+32 °F) and medium air humidity, it's possible to start up the snow generators.
• Our storage lakes (filled during the rainy summer months) are the source of the water used to generate snow.
• All in all, here in Carezza, we have a storage capacity of 130,000 m³ of water.
• Every evening, 100 hectares of slopes are prepared using five snow cats.
• The machines are operated 6 hours per night.
The Carezza Climate Resort Project
• Potential analysis of the energy conservation measures
– when generating / applying snow
– when preparing the slopes
• Utilization of solar energy
• Innovative renewable energies
• Solar-powered information screens